Helen & Claire - a few fun facts
Posted on 16 January 2019
As most of you will know, there are 2 faces that sit behind Lister & Bruce and we thought you may be interested in finding out a little bit more about us (Helen & Claire) – the Lister & Bruce founders. So how do we know each other? Well, just over 16 years ago when I (Helen) was studying in the French Alps for my degree course I met a boy. I called home to tell my parents and my mum immediately said ‘Ooohh Hellie’s met a French man’ to which I replied, ‘actually he’s from Baildon’ (about 10 miles down the road from where I grew up). Fast forward and Steve, the boy from France is now my husband and we have 2 beautiful children. I first met Claire, Steve’s sister when I had only been dating Steve about 6 months and we hit it off straight away. We are now best mates and have spent many holidays, Christmases and birthdays together…Lister & Bruce being our latest and most challenging adventure yet.
Rather than give you our life history, we thought it may be a bit more engaging to just give you a few interesting (well, you can decide on that) facts about us, so here goes –
- I am obsessed with tomatoes and have them with virtually every meal – my daughter has inherited this trait
- I try and run my local Park Run every week and am currently trying to get my time under 29 minutes – all tips welcome!
- I am a trained ski instructor, although haven’t taught for 18 years and I’m pretty sure I have forgotten most of it – bend ze knees?!
- I hate breakfast in bed, I can just about cope with a cup of tea – but the thought of the crumbs! Just, no.
- I have 2 children, Darcey soon to be 7 and Charlie 3, they are very different to each other
- I am very proud to be from Yorkshire and feel so blessed to live in such a beautiful place
- I love walking and the countryside and have been known to drag my kids out in the torrential rain!
- Food programmes on tv – this is it for me, happy place is sat with a glass of wine on the sofa watching other people cook yummy food and dreaming of eating it
- I went to University in Newcastle and still think of it as one of the UK’s best cities
- I wear scarves a lot (pretty much every day) – am currently trying to reduce the size of my collection
- I live in Dubai with my husband Nick and our baby boy Hugh (Huey) who is 16 months.
- I hate having my hair washed at the hairdressers, especially the head massage!
- I love pork pie and taramasalata…sometimes at the same time!
- I still think of myself as a netball player even though I haven’t played since school!
- I am very clumsy and acquire a lot of bruises.
- I went to school with Helen’s brother.
- I am pretty good at accents, or it might be that Nick is really bad at them which is why I think I am good!
- Chocolate and crisps together are amazing!
- I once fell asleep on a train and ended up in Brighton, which is far away from Clapham!
- I can touch my nose with my tongue, this has not yet come in handy!
We are both passionate about Lister & Bruce, the MyJamas range and giving our customers the best service possible, if you have any questions or want to know more (preferably about the products and not our love of Pork Pies) then please get in touch email@example.com